|AP Subject||2018 Site||2018 Dates|
|Art History||UT||June 3–9|
|Biology||MO II||June 11–17|
|Calculus||MO I||June 2–8|
|Chinese Language and Culture||OH II||June 12–18|
|Comparative Government and Politics||UT||June 3–9|
|Computer Science A||MO I||June 2–8|
|Computer Science Principles||MO II||June 11–17|
|English Language and Composition||FL II||June 12–18|
|English Literature and Composition||MO II||June 11–17|
|Environmental Science||OH I||June 2–8|
|European History||MO I||June 2–8|
|French Language and Culture||OH II||June 12–18|
|German Language and Culture||OH II||June 12–18|
|Human Geography||OH I||June 2–8|
|Italian Language and Culture||OH II||June 12–18|
|Japanese Language and Culture||OH II||June 12–18|
|Latin||FL II||June 12–18|
|Macroeconomics||OH I||June 2–8|
|Microeconomics||OH I||June 2–8|
|Music Theory||OH II||June 12–18|
|Physics||MO I||June 2–8|
|Psychology||FL II||June 12–18|
|Spanish Language and Culture||OH II||June 12–18|
|Spanish Literature and Culture||FL I||June 3–9|
|Statistics||MO II||June 11–17|
|Studio Art||UT||June 3–9|
|United States Government and Politics||UT||June 3–9|
|United States History||FL I||June 3–9|
|World History||UT||June 3–9|
Please note: schedule is subject to change.
Online Readers in subjects with distributed questions will score from home or office during the scheduled dates above.
FL — Tampa Convention Center, Tampa, FL
MO — Kansas City Convention Center, Kansas City, MO
OH — Duke Energy Center, Cincinnati, OH
UT — Salt Palace Convention Center, Salt Lake City, UT
Advanced Placement® (AP) Readers evaluate and score AP students' free-responses, ensuring that high school students receive AP grades that accurately reflect college-level achievement in a specified discipline. Each year in June, high school teachers and college faculty from around the world gather across the United States to participate in locations onsite, as well as to score online from home. During the AP Reading, Readers will:
- Exchange ideas and experiences, as well as build friendships with a network of high school teachers and college faculty.
- Score exam responses from AP high school students, with opportunities to score exams online from home (some subjects).
- Learn to apply a rubric consistently, which provides valuable knowledge for scoring their own students' essays.
- Get compensated for training and scoring. Expenses, meals and lodging are also covered for Readers who travel to a Reading site.
- Earn Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours (PDHs).
Reader positions are available based upon test-taker volumes. Submitting an application does not automatically constitute your employment as a Reader. ETS reserves the right to withdraw an invitation prior to the scheduled AP Reading session based upon business needs.
Note: If your application has been approved within the past six years, please do not reapply. All Readers must be able to work at the Reading for seven consecutive days.
All subjects have onsite Reading attendees, and some subjects additionally allow scoring from home during the Reading.
Apply to be an AP Reader
Advanced Placement (AP) Program
|Subject||Higher Ed. Applicants Prioritized||Online Scoring from Home Available|
|Chinese Language and Culture|
|Comparative Government and Politics|
|Computer Science A|
|Computer Science Principles||X|
|English Language and Composition||X|
|English Literature and Composition||X|
|French Language and Culture||X|
|German Language and Culture||X|
|Italian Language and Culture||X|
|Japanese Language and Culture||X|
|Research (AP Capstone™)||X|
|Seminar (AP Capstone™)||X|
|Spanish Language and Culture||X|
|Spanish Literature and Culture|
|U.S. Government and Politics|
1. Subjects where HE applicants are prioritized will still process applications from High School (HS) teachers. HS teachers applying to these subjects are less likely to be invited to the Reading in the year that they apply.
2. Readers in subjects that offer both onsite and online scoring opportunities will be surveyed on a yearly basis so that they can provide up-to-date scoring location availability. A Reader's scoring location preference is not guaranteed to be accommodated.
Apply to be an AP Reader